Conference Speaker / Panelist Information
Conference Participant Media Release
- The 24th TDI Biennial Conference will be recorded in entirety.
All Presenters and Panelists must fill out a Media Release.
- You should have received your link to enter the webinar as a presenter. The email has the following information
Subject: Panelist for TDI 24th Biennial Conference
Body: “Click Here to Join“.
That is your unique link to access the conference as a panelist. It should not be shared with others.
(some of you may have a link from RIT – this is authentic)
- If you have not received your Panelist link, let us know immediately – info@TDIConf.com
Video Tips : Looking your best on camera
- Light yourself from the front. Try to avoid sitting with a light source behind you. This will throw the shadow on to your face.
- Wear solid colors – patterns in clothing can be distracting and they make your camera work harder
- Frame yourself well – check your selfview in zoom – make sure you don’t have to lift your hands up next to your face to sign
- Try to put your camera at eye level or above this level
- Zoom virtual backgrounds are cool – however – if your lighting isn’t the best and if your background has a lot of things you are trying to hide then avoid virtual backgrounds
- Use a wired internet connection if possible. Wireless connections are less reliable for video communication.
- Make sure your camera is on a stable surface. If you are using a laptop, put the laptop on a table and avoid touching it. This will prevent camera shake. Putting your laptop on your lap or your arms on a table with the laptop will transmit every little move you make to the camera and this is distracting to the eye.
- For the best viewing experience, we recommend joining using a computer (PC or Mac) and the latest Zoom client application (https://zoom.us/downloads). Tablets, phones, and Chromebooks are not fully supported.
- Set your microphone and video default ‘off‘ when entering the webinar.
We will notify you when to turn it on
- Please join the webinar as a panelist at least 10-minutes prior to your scheduled slot.
- Please do not use the panelist links to watch the conference as an audience member. To watch as an audience member, register here to receive an Attendee link.
- There will be a mix of Live and Pre-recorded programming. All Live programming will have Q&A engagement between attendees and panelists.
- Specific breakout sessions may require may a separate webinar link. Your personal webinar panelist link will take you the appropriate breakout room.
- All other conference programming will happen in the TDI Webinar
- 1:30p DeafBlind Relay breakout session link (TDI Webinar)
- 1:30p VRS Relay breakout session link (RIT Webinar Strand 2)
- 1:30p IPCTS Relay breakout session link (RIT Webinar Strand 3)
- 2p TV CC breakout session link (TDI Webinar)
- 2p Web CC breakout session link (RIT Webinar Strand 2)
- 2p IPCTS CC breakout session link (RIT Webinar Strand 3)
- 4:30p TeleCONF breakout session link (TDI Webinar)
- 4:30p TeleEDU breakout session link (RIT Webinar Strand 2)
- 4:30p TeleHEALTH breakout session link (RIT Webinar Strand 3)